About

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Does Ben Nye Banana Powder Work on Pale and Fair Skin?

Oh Kim Kardashian, you little trendsetter.

Seems like when her and her makeup artist revealed that the secret to her glow was Ben Nye Banana Powder, the beauty world went on a Banana Powder frenzy, and I saw tons of reviewers rave about how it works on virtually any skin type to achieve that Kardashian glow.





But us porcelains know "virtually any skin type" usually precludes ours.

Which begs the question: can pale girls where the Ben Nye Banana Powder?

I saw a few review videos that claimed they could, so I decided to investigate for myself. I went online to Makeup Mania, which has the BEST sample program. You can get three generous samples of any of their makeup for just a couple of bucks. I got 9 samples for under $10.

I went online to find a tutorial on how to use it.

I must caveat: I am by NO means a makeup artist. Just a pale girl who likes to play with makeup.

I liked this one a lot:



So I did my thing:


Annnnnnnnnd:


No. I look like I've got a touch of liver disease. It's quite yellow, and I did blend like a mad woman. 

Note: This may work better if your skin tone is warmer? For $3, it's worth a sample to try. And if you have warmer skin tone, I'd love for you to leave a comment and let me know if this worked for you.

Don't feel that you are left out of the world of Kardashian glow, because I found a few other products on Makeup Mania that I am head-over-heels in love with, so stay tuned for those reviews coming next!



8 comments:

  1. They also have a shade called Cameo! That may work better on your fair skin, and it's the same darn thang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Uh yeah that IS the point. The point is that the banana shade doesn't work for pale skin... And she's saying the cameo would work better. So there's a point. You sound so ignorant and you look so stupid. If you don't have something to say that ACTUALLY matters then take your negative pathetic self somewhere else

      Delete
    2. Autumn, do you need a Snickers? You're kind of bitchy when you're hungry. : )

      Delete
    3. Wow! Just wow! Someone needs a piece of humble pie. Why so angry and mean? How it was worth your time to be stop nasty.

      Delete
  3. Thank you- I was just about to order this but I'm glad I saved my money!! I love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bought the banana powder for 2$ and it looks OK. I have white skin (like snow white) and I saw the Banana powder in a different shade! The specialty of banana powder is from my understanding a) the light yellow color wich corrects and highlights and b) the consistency, it is a very very fine powder wich helps it to not settle into lines etc. My Banana powder is called Banana powder but is way lighter than the original Ben nye (never bought it again was too yellowish for me) wich means the yellow undertones are much mote subtle. Banana is not always the shade, you can actually even buy banana powder with a slight pinkish undertone! Its still called Banana powder amd I checked the ingredients, it's actually basically the same product just from different companies. Hope that may help

    ReplyDelete
  5. May i ask what are your undertones? It works best for kim k cause she is very warm. You looked cool from what i could tell with the picture with natural lighting. Maybe the yellow didnt work because its too yellow for your undertone. I am very pale as well but i have a weird green undertone. Since the make up industry doesnt believe in green undertones yet, i have to use yellow base for everything or else I look really off.

    ReplyDelete