About

Friday, October 10, 2014

Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream Review for Fair Skin

If you're anything like me (impatient), products that show immediate results get you way more excited than those you have to wait for. I first read about Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream in Allure, where it had been picked as an Editor's Choice. 


Because my decollete is a source of self-consciousness, it definitely made me perk up. Several well meaning family members pushed me out in the sun constantly when I was young, with the reasoning that, the more I was in the sun, the more likely it would be that I'd finally "get some color." I did get color. Tomato red, peeling color. As a result, my decollete is permanently red and uneven in skin tone. I hate it. I also feel that it is the location of future melanoma, but that's a post for another time.

 Body BB cream is exciting because it offered the possibility that maybe I could even out my skin tone in that problem area. Putting regular foundation or tinted moisturizer on it always felt odd and I was worried it would rub off on my clothing. Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream does two things: it both smooths out imperfections immediately, but also improves the skin over time. What I found interesting about it is that it delivers different results for light and dark skin tones. For light skin tones, it specifically focuses on evening out red tones, and blurs skin imperfections. Here's the swatch for light skin:


It does not go on as full coverage, like foundation, or even really much like tinted moisturizer. In fact, when I saw it out of the tube, I was skeptical. I took a before picture of my decollete, in full light, then applied the BB cream on my neck, decollete and the tops of the girls. Then I took an after picture, in the same spot. Below are the pictures, with no filter or absolutely no manipulation. 


Holy wow! It really did reduce my redness and smooth out my skin tone. It's not perfect, but it's BB cream, not a magic wand and my sun damage is pretty bad. I'm so impressed with how much it did do. I highly recommend giving it a try! 




No comments:

Post a Comment